Note: McKillop Library is providing virtual services only. Book & DVD pickup/drop-off is SUSPENDED. There is no access to the library’s main floors until further notice.
We know this is a difficult time for everyone and although we can’t be there for you physically, we are providing many virtual services and online resources to help you with your research.
See our COVID-19 Research and Support Guide for information and resources: http://salve.libguides.com/COVID-19.
- We have added additional electronic resources for Spring 2020 to support remote learning and scholarship.
- Due dates for Salve-owned books have been extended until May 1.
- Items can be returned to the book drop near McKillop Library’s front entrance or via USPS Media Mail. View our FAQ page for specific instructions on shipping books.
- Electronic access to articles, book chapters, and book excerpts from other libraries
- Scanning of limited portions of books from McKillop Library’s physical collection. Requests can be submitted through interlibrary loan. Note: If you first need access to the table of contents or subject indexes of Salve-owned books in order to determine the content needed, complete this form and we will scan and send these pages to you directly.
- Electronic course reserves, including scanning and posting limited portions of Salve-owned print material, posting files provided by faculty, providing access to e-books and films available through library databases, and purchasing access to streaming films.
Research and Instruction Support:
- Remote research support services via chat are offered by McKillop librarians during the following hours: Mon-Thu, 10am – 8pm, and Fri, 10am-4pm. Use the chat widget on any library webpage.
- Synchronous and asynchronous information literacy instruction to support online learning
- Research consultations with your academic liaison librarian can be scheduled via email or with our existing appointment booking tool.
Services suspended until further notice:
- Interlibrary loan and HELIN requests for physical items from other libraries.
- Access to the library’s physical collections and study spaces.
- Requests for print books and DVDs owned by Salve are suspended until at least April 13th, as per Governor Raimondo’s stay at home order.
- The library has been asked to order new materials only if they directly support a course offered this semester. However, as per the governor’s stay at home order, we will not be purchasing and cataloging print materials until the order is lifted.
See our ebook search box tab on the library home page to automatically limit your search to ebooks available to the Salve community (note: ebooks available at other libraries cannot be requested).
Many of our database vendors have offered temporary access to a number of databases: see our “Spring 2020 Expanded E-Resources” database list view the list and obtain access.
We also offer access to a number of online newspapers, including America’s Historical Newspapers, Historical New York Times, The Providence Journal and more. See the full list on our Newspapers databases page.
If you have additional questions related to our changes in service, please visit our special FAQ pages, which are updated daily!
Be well and know that we miss you and can’t wait to see you all again!