You can now search a catalog of archival materials at Salve Regina via ArchivesSpace: http://salvearchives.libraryhost.com. This catalog contains item records and descriptions of university archives and collections, like a library catalog. From this interface you can find details on university record groups, manuscript collections, and other resources in our holdings.
Our ArchivesSpace public interface is a work in progress, and will continue to grow as we describe more of our collections. You can also use the “Names” tab to find short biographical descriptions of some individuals related to Salve Regina and our archival collections.
As it is a catalog, ArchivesSpace does not host digital materials. If you are looking for digital collections or photographs, please visit our online collections, all of which are available for public access:
• Salve Regina University Archives Photographs: http://bitly.com/salve-archives-photos
• Salve Regina University Property and Architecture Images: http://bitly.com/salve-property
• Johannes von Gumppenberg Digital Collection: http://bitly.com/johannes-vg-artstor
• South Kingstown Colonial Records: http://bit.ly/sk-colonial-records
• Archives & Special Collections on Digital Commons: https://digitalcommons.salve.edu/archives/
The archives will remain open for as long as the university directs the library to be open during the coronavirus outbreak. You can ask archives reference questions or request scans by e-mailing [email protected] or [email protected].