Stop by the Janet L. Robinson Curriculum Resource Center on the 2nd FL of the library and view the display of books that the McKillop Library owns that were authored or illustrated by the talented literary group we have coming to March Into Reading this year! Thanks to Christine Bagley, Curriculum Resources Librarian, for organizing the display.
Course guide features *:
- –which databases to use to find the articles you need for your research;
- –lists of journals related to your subject (print and/or online);
- –book recommendations on your topic (print and/or e-books);
- –video clips;
- –relevant websites;
- –have a question while using the guide? use the “chat with a librarian” feature;
- –contact information for the librarian who created the guide — contact us anytime for assistance!
- — ..and more!
Read to get started? Just click on the green “course guides” logo on the library home page!
*individual course guide content varies
Need to write a research paper? Are you plagued with questions, such as:
~ How do I get started?
~ How do I find a topic?
~ Where do I find credible sources?
** Then try our Smart Student Library Guide! **
We’ve created a Smart Student Library Guide to help you through the research process.
The guide contains tools to help make the research process easy, such as:
- –an assignment calculator to help manage your time,
- — information on choosing a topic,
- — a concept map creator,
- — a worksheet for planning a search strategy,
- — short tutorials on how to find and use the library’s resources
Try it out at: http://library.salve.edu/nssguide.html
Don’t forget: you can always visit the library for in-person research help. You can even set up a one-on-one consultation with a librarian.
*Call us at 401-341-2289 (or 401-341-2291)
*Text us at 401-324-9LIB (9542)
*Email us at [email protected]
*Chat with us at username salvelibrarian (Yahoo, GTalk, AIM, Windows Live/MSN) or use the chat widget on the library home page.
Full information at ask-a-librarian.