The end of the semester is upon us and we know you’ll need group study spaces and places to practice your presentations!
The library has 4 group study rooms: 204, 217 (2nd FL), 306 and 317 / Tech Suite (3rd FL).
* Room 204: Whiteboard, desktop PC computer with scanner, television with DVD/VCR.
* Room 217: Whiteboard, moveable tables and chairs.
* Room 306: Whiteboard, desktop PC computer, television with DVD/VCR.
* Room 317 (Tech Suite): Large flat-screen television/monitor with PC connectivity, Cable television, DVD/VHS player, and desktop PC computer.
Each of the study rooms can accomodate at least 8 people comfortably, and up to 12 with additional chairs.
If a study room is not reserved then they are available on a first-come-first-serve basis, but we will give priority to groups of three or more students.
The Tech Suite (study room 317) is the perfect place to practice presentations with its large flat-screen monitor (including wires to attach your laptop!). But if study room 317 isn’t available, don’t worry! We now have a portable projector for borrowing that can be used anywhere in the library, just ask at the front Circulation desk!
You can also reserve the Electronic Classroom 106, which offers:
* Teacher station with projector
* A dedicated laptop with SmartBoard software
* Wall-to-wall speakers
* SmartBoard Electronic Board
* DVD/VHS player
* 14 hideaway laptop computers in central conference style table
* 12 desktop computers
To reserve Classroom 106, you should be in a group of 8 or more and you must visit the information desk on the 1st FL of the library or call at (401) 341-2289 to book your reservation.
Need to collaborate in a small group? Visit our Learning Commons area on the left side of the first floor which boasts six study carrels, each including 4 paneled areas with a desktop computer that 3 people can fit around comfortably.
Don’t forget that library staff are here to help, so just ask!