FREE tax preparation assistance for Salve members and the local community for individuals and families earning less than $53,000. Located on the 1st FL of McKillop Library, facing the Wakehurst building. (see map below)
Tax assistance sessions will be open every Wednesday, Feb. 15 to April 11, from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
Be sure to bring:
- Social security card(s) for self, spouse and all dependents
- Picture ID for self and spouse (if applicable)
- All 2017 W-2, 1099 and 1095-A forms
- Copy of 2016 Federal Tax Return if you have one
- Child & Dependent Care Expense – Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN) of the care provider
- For direct deposit: bring a check or savings account number with routing number (both found on a blank check)
This program is run by the accounting students from Salve Regina who have completed the AARP extensive tax preparation course as well as passing the VITA/AARP advanced certification which then qualifies the preparers to do this work. The program will be open to the local public, Salve Regina students and staff. Everyone therefore is welcome to come. No return is e-filed or mailed without a review by the site coordinator or another appointee from the AARP.