The time for final projects, presentations and exams is here. Don’t stress though…the library has you covered!
Detailed calendar of extended hours and more information below. Oh, and don’t forget your Salve ID to enter the library after 10 PM.
During the 24-hour extended access times, please be aware:
- The second and third floors will close at 2 AM
- Only the first floor will remain open through 8 AM
- Card swipe access only during extended hours; please bring your Salve ID to enter after 10 PM (use front doors only after 12 am)
- Group work is encouraged on the first and second floors or in the study rooms
- The 3rd floor is the SILENT study floor. Please be considerate!
- Room 106 is reserved for quiet study from 2 am – 8 am
- Computer Lab 006 (Garden Level) is designated as an extra quiet study area during finals
For the consideration of your fellow library users, aromatic meals such as pizza, soups, and take-out (Chinese, etc.) should be consumed in the Bookends Cafe (1st FL across from the Circulation desk).
Study rooms can be reserved online for a maximum of 3 consecutive hours. Most study rooms have a whiteboard, desktop PC and/or Mac, and seating for small groups; see this page for “what’s in a study room”? Please show courtesy to your fellow students and be sure to cancel an existing study room reservation if the room is no longer needed so that other students can use the room (to cancel a booking, click on “cancel a study room booking” at the bottom of the reservation area. If you need help, please contact the information desk).
Some library computers have duplicates of the software found in Computer Lab 006. Here’s where they are in the library and the extra software that is installed:
Table of 4 PC computers outside of Classroom 106:
- Pro Tax Series
- Quick Books
- IBM SPSS Statistics
Note that Microsoft Visio and Project are only available in the Labs (Garden Level). Also, all of our Mac computers are duplicates of those in the Mac Labs (Antone).If you need other software, try the Computer Labs in the Garden Level of the Library.
When working on library computers, don’t forget to periodically SAVE YOUR WORK to an external source such as a flash drive. Computers are auto-set to restart periodically; upon restart, all saved information is lost. So be sure to use File>Save As and do not save your work to library computer desktops for long periods of time.
The McKillop Library’s public printers are multi-purpose Ricoh machines which can copy, print, and scan to email. Several features are available with these machines:
- Color printing as well as black & white
- Double-sided (duplex) printing
- Scan-to-email feature (to Salve email addresses only)
- Selection of paper size
- Laptop printing (Mac and PC) over the wireless network (Salve Students only; excludes Faculty, Staff and Guests.)
- Scan to USB or Memory Card
Print jobs can be released from any of the five Ricoh multifunction printers in the library: three on the first floor, and one each on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
–Black & White printing/copying costs .10¢ per side of page;
–Color printing/copying costs .25¢ per side of page
–Each student is given $20.00 per semester on their Salve cards for printing. This initial $20.00 is free to the student and includes 200 sheets of single-sided black & white printing or 40 sheets of double-sided color printing. (Please note that color printing will deplete the number of allotted pages faster.)
Students, faculty, and staff need their Salve IDs
to copy, print, and scan.
Need research tips?
- Help finding books on a particular topic
- Help finding articles on a particular topic
- Help citing sources
- Writing Essays – Don’t Fool Yourself
If you have any questions or need help, please ask library staff; we’re here to serve you!